Summer is well and truly here and of course this means honeymoons and holidays! Here are some of my top tips on how to arrive honeymoon fresh and how to still look amazing in the sun.
Pre Flight - You have been working hard to look amazing for your wedding, so a lot of the preparation has already been done - amazing! You do of course, need to keep on top prior to departure so you can arrive hydrated and radiant on arrival at your destination.
Up, Up & Away - We all know that our skin becomes dehydrated when we fly, so here are a few of my top tips to keep your skin looking and feeling good inflight;
- Low or no alcohol pre and during flight, as this is a diuretic (this makes us lose water from the body, thus being more dehydrated)
- Drink plenty of water, try not to have many caffeinated soft or hot drinks (also diuretics) but fruit juices can help hydrate too.
- If you are flying long haul, why not have a mini facial to relax further, removing you make up and applying a hydrating face mask (a staple in my kit bag is the all round amazing product Clarins Beauty Flash Balm) and cooling eye mask or try these fab soothing eye patches by Eyeko which can be easily carried in your hand luggage. Be sure to moisturise afterwards.
- For those who like a little coverage upon arrival, the Estee Lauder BB Cream provides the right amount without feeling like you're wearing a heavy base (lightweight and oil free) and has SPF 30 too!
- Sunscreen is an absolute must and I would highly recommend a lotion specifically for the face with a minimum of factor 50. If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen one of my desert island products is La Roche Posay's Anthelios XL BB Cream factor 50, perfect for sun sensitive skin and to give you that holiday glow, alternatively Clinique's Super City Block can be applied under your foundation and has an SPF 40.
- If you've had your lashes tinted, mascara may not be required, but if not, I absolutely love
Max Factor's Waterproof Masterpiece, the wand reaches every single lash and a budge proof formula when things get a little hot.
- If your hair has a mind of it's own in the humidity, I say go with it and apply a little surf spray to enhance that beachy look! Bumble & Bumble have a great product you could try on damp or dry hair.
- For those who prefer the smooth look, Bead Head by Tigi have a smoothing serum to keep those tresses sleek and straight
Finally, keep super hydrated with our best friend....water and have a truly amazing honeymoon or holiday1
See you soon!
Images are my own